Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Week 2 of 52 Oil Paintings "Daisies" January 25, 2014

Week 2 of 52 Oil Paintings "Gerbera Daisies"

Daisies are a funny flower...they seem so simple until you have to paint one! I found that in this process those little simple petals have way more into them...such as subtle shade changes the eye barely sees, yet it is so necessary because they get flat otherwise. I needed to paint a background that was interesting but, not so powerful that it took away the delicate nature of this petite flower. I decided to paint the back and scraped away the thickness so it would recede into the background. The vase was so shinny and black I needed to get the reflection of the cloth and grapes into it without it looking too white; I muted it down to a dulled green, alizarin crimson and white....it seemed to be the right color and lightly glazed it on. There are a couple things I am going to be changing on this before it goes to show, but it was another great experience and fun learning process. I like the outcome and hope it finds a nice home:)




WEEKLY PAINTING: 2 of 52 
c. Nicole Slater 
 Oil on Canvas 11x16" 
 "Gerbera Daisies"
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Paintings by Nicole Slater