Friday, March 7, 2014

My Painting is Ready For The Family Justice Center!

PLEASE READ MY INSPIRATION STORY BELOW.... It Would Mean The World to Me, the Family Justice Center and Preslie!

 
UP CLOSE DETAIL:

  c. Nicole Slater   30 x 40"

Mixed Media Acrylic Painting on Canvas

Title:  "Tiny Steps; New Beginnings"

 


 


To learn about my Inspiration please read here:


Tiny Steps; New Beginnings
Heart Story Art by Preslie, age 8
artwork #19 and Nicole Slater
 
 
 
The Family Justice Center asked local artists to represent a child, through their own art interpretation. The child’s art I chose was a wonderful, heart-felt piece by an eight year old girl named Preslie.

  Preslie painted heart images and as I love to paint hearts…I knew at that moment this was the one I wanted to represent through my art.
 
 

  I started by taking what I believed represented her heart and the new beginnings she found with her new family.

  Art is very special in the fact that you create a feeling and idea by visual rather than a verbal voice. I wanted to make sure I was able to speak Preslie’s thoughts through art, loud and clear.

  With stairs being a negative remembrance in her young life, I felt the need to turn those negative images of stairs around, “up,” instead of “down.” My focus was on how the steps can be a positive. The symbolism of stairs; …representing “moving up in life,” “stepping in the right direction,” “moving forward” and steps into our hearts and reminding us to help others.

  Texture and the movement of Preslie’s painting were important to recreate. I wanted to capture her personality, emotions and healing through the Family Justice Center. As an example, I believe she is full of life with a lot of energy because she used bold, vivacious brushstrokes in her art. Preslie also used layers of paint and crayon in her work….I think this shows that she has wonderful layers in her spirit. The heart-felt imagery was also important… it shows her heart is whole with a bright future.

  My hope for this painting titled: “ Tiny Steps; New Beginnings” is that together with raising money for the Modesto Justice Center, it will also bring hope and joy to the new owners of this art.
-www.nicoleslater.com

-applecheeksgallery.blogspot.com
 
 

My painting for the Family Justice Center is now ready for Purchase, Auction or Placement at the center!
 
Please help our community by showing you care just by buying at ticket for the event.
 
 
 My heart would be overjoyed if you participated
 
Three ways to show you care and support:
 
1. Go to the "Art Walk" March 20, 2014 from 5-9pm @ Chartreuse Muse Gallery, Modesto
 
2. Buy tickets to this wonderful event
 
3. Bid, purchase or donate the art of your choice
 
Date: March 27th 2014
Location: 1625 I Street, Modesto CA 
Time: 5-8PM Open House
Tickets:$20.00 at the door
$16.25 advance
 
Wine, Beverages, Appetizers
 
Tickets by calling : Cindy Schneider  209-525-5134

Show Curator:
Sandra@thechartreusemuse.com
 
 
-Thanks in advance,
 
 Nicole Slater
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment

More Paintings by Nicole Slater