Friday, February 7, 2014

Week 3 of 52 oil paintings "Lilacs in Copper Pot" 2/1/2014

Week 3 of 52 oil paintings; "Lilacs in Copper Pot"


OK, I love to paint flowers! There is something so magical in flowers...they are the art of the outdoors: color, texture and Oh,.... love the scents!
When you can stop and smell a flowers...life is good....to me it means; I appreciate what God created, the time he has given me and the understanding to appreciate all his wonders to the world:)
I started out painting these Lilacs...but was for some reason: wanting to paint them too tight....so I got out my palette knife and went to town! I started making leaves and flowers like decorating a cake....spreading on the thick paint was a blast!
I did, however; struggle a bit on the correct shape, "ellipse" bowl and copper pot! I think I repainted that bowl 5 times minimum! Making a pot look Copper may seem easy, but....it wasn't... The trick to getting Copper is mixing cad. yellow and rose; it gives it that glow:)
Week 3 or 52 oil Paintings


c. Nicole Slater
 Oil on Canvas 20 x 20"
 "Lilacs in copper Pot"
 2014

www.nicoleslater.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Paintings by Nicole Slater