Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Challenge Oil Painting-"Oranges and Grapes"


This is a Challenge Painting in my second week of 52 paintings....the challenge was to paint oranges, leaves, stem and grapes. The challenge included: "Must use as many types of brush strokes possible, thin, thick, long, short and so on"...I loved this challenge! The other new experience was; I needed to set up an interesting still life that was well balanced and had interesting flow of light. The painting I think turned out really well. I am going to have a hard time letting this one go...it reminded me of growing up in Lavern, California... My Mom had me enter in the "Orange Blossom Festival" You had to create a floral arrangement using orange blossoms.... mine always tipped over!

www.nicoleslater.com

Extra Challenge: Oil Painting for the week

  c. Nicole Slater
 Oil on canvas 8 x 10"
 "Oranges and Grapes"
2014

www.nicoleslater.com

1 comment:

More Paintings by Nicole Slater