Monday, February 3, 2014

Week one of 52 Oil Paintings

Question:

How can I  become an artist, friend, employee and wife? Better yet: a "good artist, loyal-fun friend, dependable employee and a loving wife"

I don't have the answer to this, but someone, somewhere; must know where to get a super woman cape!

For years I lived the fantasy of trying to be great in all things....I was lucky if I achieved; good.

My life looks like this....picture a 40-something woman; waking up to three adorable fur babies barking for their breakfast, putting away dishes from the night before, folding laundry that is now so wrinkled : I probably need to put back in the dryer before trying to fold or hang-up...I help my husband find the milk that is sitting on the top-front shelf:)...I grab the first thing I can think of to eat for my breakfast..all while putting lunch together for that day......I hurry and get my big hair under control, find an outfit that calls to me for that day, which lately seems to be missing. I settle for "eh", and off I go....running again.


Being at my 9-5 is ok...sometimes hard because well, "its work" and I want to play in my paint!

 Please understand I am thankful beyond belief for my life, work and health...its just as a creative person I want to express myself  through art...it's like a breathe of fresh air...it's the nourishment for my soul.

Answer:

Today is the start of a new journey of exploration in my life. I am on a quest to find that "Super woman cape".  I am going to take the (little moments between),to just paint and be happy!

Today the journey begins....I am posting my weekly paintings, challenges, emotions...and "aha moments". This is my quest to document growth in art and balancing act of everyday life as Nicole Slater.
                Weekly Paintings Journal
                          "52  Paintings" 
                  One -A- Week, 52 Weeks
                     www.nicoleslater.com


http://applecheeksgallery.blogspot.com/2014/02/week-4-of-52-paintings-pears-2814.html

1 comment:

  1. This was beautifully written, Nicole! So glad that the Lord blessed you with your artistic abilities! You are such a darling, wonderful woman. It shines through in all you do!

    ReplyDelete

More Paintings by Nicole Slater