Monday, May 26, 2014

Week 19 of 52 Oil Paintings, Cosmos in Glass Bottle"

Week 19 of 52 Oil Paintings

This still life was fun to paint!

I love the simplicity of these Cosmos...who doesn't like pretty flowers?


"I believe nature has a magical paint pallet...the colors living colors changing daily...I love to try but,  just can't duplicate!"
-Nicole Slater

I was intimidated when I began to paint the glass bottle!
 I discovered the secret to painting glass....

Painting glass is; "to reveal what is NOT there."

If you focus on painting only what you see... it will begin to look like glass...so cool!

 I believe I have found a new addiction to painting glass objects.

I used the pallet knife on most of this painting.
 I love the thick creamy paint and it's like sculpting on canvas.
               

   
  c. Nicole Slater
 16 x 20"
 "Cosmos in Glass Bottle"
 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment

More Paintings by Nicole Slater