Friday, February 7, 2014

Week 4 of 52 Paintings; "Pears and Grapes"

I am excited at the end result of this Pear painting...It really pushed me to learn a bit more about the difference between "shadows" and "reflections". if you are asking yourself; well what is it?...here is what I discovered; "Shadows" follow the opposite direction of the light; whereas, "reflections," especially on a glossy wood top follow directly underneath the object! I was so excited to try out this new discovery! I like how the table reflections, shadows and cloth turned out. I also like how each pear looks unique. I think I did it...mission accomplished:)

www.nicoleslater.com

WEEKLY PAINTING: 4 of 52
oil on canvas


c. Nicole Slater    18 x 29"     oil on canvas   "Pears and Grapes"  2014

2 comments:

More Paintings by Nicole Slater