Tuesday, February 25, 2014

WEEK 6 of 52 Oil Paintings THREE ONIONS by, Nicole Slater

WEEK 6 of Weekly Paintings of "Three Onions"

This week I felt the need to do some "studio Spring cleaning" which I think was a good thing? I also think it was an excuse to put off  next weeks painting challenge...but, somehow I did it!

I am painting the "Onions and Grapes" once again!...I learned so much from the first "Onions and Grape" painting I created previously in week #1. This time I went into this painting with better paint knowledge on how to make onions look somewhat believable and the grapes look as though you might want to eat one:)

One of my biggest challenge in painting every week is finding that magical time! Where is it?
I keep thinking I must be doing something wrong. How can I be that busy?

 I find myself having to say; "no" a lot lately. I guess I always said "yes?!" I say this because; it is very uncomfortable for me to say "No!" I never realized how little I used that word.

Painting weekly has revealed so much about myself. I am learning patients, trust, time management, and confidence...WOW!...all this because I dedicated myself to paint 52 weeks? Who Knew!


This was another great paint week...I feel blessed and I am thankful everyday.


 c. Nicole Slater 11x14"
 "Three Onions"
  Oils on canvas




No comments:

Post a Comment

More Paintings by Nicole Slater